Oscar Front-Runner Melissa Leo Hoping They'll Call 'Some Other Girl's Name'
The best supporting actress nominee favorite says she hopes someone else wins the award.
Melissa Leo seems to have taken it down a notch from her controversial "For Your Consideration" ads.
Walking the red carpet at the Academy Awards on Sunday, The Fighter actress took humility one step further by wishing out loud that another actress would take home the night's statuette.
"I've got a shelf full [of awards]," Leo told ABC's George Pennacchio.
"I have come with a light and happy heart today hoping that they will call some other girl's name and I can applaud and enjoy their speech and one thing and another," she continued. "I'm thrilled to be here."
When reminded that she is the favorite in the best supporting actress category, Leo once again deferred to her nominees -- specifically referencing 14-year Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit.
"I've seen all the other work of the other women and girls -- because one of them, an amazing actor as she is, is yet a girl -- and it's an astonishing group of women, and I am honored to be among them," she said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game