Oscar Isaac Lands Lead in Writer-Director Ariel Kleiman's 'Partisan'
The actor, who stars in the Coen brothers’ upcoming "Inside Llewyn Davis," has two additional projects in the can: "Therese Raquin" and "Two Faces of January."
Oscar Isaac has landed the lead in writer-director Ariel Kleiman's feature debut, Partisan.
The film centers on a vengeful man raising his children to attack the world that wronged him. Kleiman co-wrote Partisan with Sarah Cyngler. A draft of the screenplay won the Mahindra Global Filmmaking Award at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
Isaac is the star of the Coen brothers’ upcoming film Inside Llewyn Davis. He has two additional buzzworthy star vehicles in the can: Therese Raquin and Hossein Amini’s Two Faces of January.
Kleiman’s short film Deeper Than Yesterday won the Jury Prize for best international short at Sundance in 2011 and the Kodak Discovery Award for best short at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. Kleiman's Young Love won the short filmmaking award -- honorable mention at Sundance in 2010.
Warp Films Australia’s Anna McLeish and Sarah Shaw are producing Partisan.
Madman Entertainment is distributing Partisan in Australia/New Zealand. UTA Independent Film Group is repping worldwide sales for the film. Isaac, who won the Australian Film Institute Award for his supporting turn in Balibo, is repped by UTA, Inspire Entertainment and SMGSB.
Kleiman also is handled by UTA.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR