Oscar Nomination Voting Closes Jan. 8
The nominations will be announced on Jan. 16.
Voting for Oscar nominations will close in two days, on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 5 p.m. PT.
The 86th Oscars nominations will be announced on Thursday, Jan. 16, at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Los Angeles.
The Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, March 2 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and televised live on ABC. Ellen DeGeneres will return to host for a second time and the show is produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
While recent Oscars shows have been held on the last Sunday of February, that date in 2014 already had been taken by the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. So rather than move ahead on the calendar, the Academy shifted to March as it did to avoid the 2010 Olympics closer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram