EXCLUSIVE: Oscar Nominee James Caan to Voice Animated Chili Pepper in Web Series
"The Godfather" star's debut as "Jalapeno" on kids’ show "The Annoying Orange" premieres Friday afternoon on OpenFilm.com.
Oscar nominee James Caan will voice an animated chili pepper on kids' web series The Annoying Orange, a rep for OpenFilm.com confirms to The Hollywood Reporter exclusively.
Caan, who is the chairman of OpenFilm.com, makes his debut as the "suave and debonair" Jalepeno in an episode to air Friday afternoon. His counterpart on the show is an "energetic citrus with zest for telling jokes and doing tricks on his fellow vegetable and fruit friends."
The Annoying Orange, created by Dane Boedigheimer for Gag Films, has garnered more than 200 million views on YouTube since its October 2009 inception, and is one of the site’s top 10 most subscribed channels.
Caan's appearance is the first by an actor.
“It’s amazing what the Internet can do for independent artists,” Caan, who agreed to lead OpenFilm.com last year, tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. “The studio movies of today are mostly grand productions. For those people who want to make smaller, more character-driven stories for the big screen, the Internet offers incredible opportunities for them to gain initial exposure and momentum for their films."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR