Oscar Pistorius' Lawyer: Trial Set for March 2014
The Olympic sprinter, nicknamed the "Blade Runner," is charged with premeditated murder in the death of his girlfriend.
The trial of Oscar Pistorius appears set to take place a little over a year after the death of his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp.
"The trial will be in March next year," his lawyer, Kenny Oldwage, told Agence France-Presse. "It will be from the first week of March until end of March."
The South African double-amputee, a former Olympic sprinter, admitted that he killed Steencamp on Valentines Day this year but stated that he believed an intruder was in his bathroom when he fired a gun through the door.
Pistorius' story was commissioned for a BBC documentary called Oscar Pistorius – What Really Happened?. It aired in the U.K. in March.
Discovery Communications' TLC picked up stateside rights to the doc, which features "special 3-D graphics, sworn testimony and exclusive interviews," that same month.
Pistorius is due to be indicted on a premeditated murder charge on Monday, prosecutors told The Associated Press.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!