Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett Lends Voice to 'Family Guy'
The actress will join the Fox comedy for an episode next spring.
Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett will pop in to Fox's Family Guy for an episode next spring.
Family Guy marks Blanchett's first TV work since she played Bianca in the 10-episode Australian miniseries Bordertown in 1995.
Blanchett's episode will air in spring 2012. No additional information about her role was available.
The Fox Sunday night animated series has featured Drew Barrymore, Patrick Stewart, Rainn Wilson, Carrie Fisher, David Boreanaz and Nina Dobrev, among others, as guest voices this season. Ricky Gervais also will be among those lending their voices in the Fox animated comedy's upcoming episodes before its Season 9 finale May 22.
Blanchett, who most recently appeared in Hanna and is filming Peter Jackson's The Hobbit in New Zealand, is repped by CAA.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical