Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett Lends Voice to 'Family Guy'
The actress will join the Fox comedy for an episode next spring.
Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett will pop in to Fox's Family Guy for an episode next spring.
Family Guy marks Blanchett's first TV work since she played Bianca in the 10-episode Australian miniseries Bordertown in 1995.
Blanchett's episode will air in spring 2012. No additional information about her role was available.
The Fox Sunday night animated series has featured Drew Barrymore, Patrick Stewart, Rainn Wilson, Carrie Fisher, David Boreanaz and Nina Dobrev, among others, as guest voices this season. Ricky Gervais also will be among those lending their voices in the Fox animated comedy's upcoming episodes before its Season 9 finale May 22.
Blanchett, who most recently appeared in Hanna and is filming Peter Jackson's The Hobbit in New Zealand, is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR