Oscar-Winner Marleen Gorris Among Names on European Shooting Stars Jury
Gorris and co. will pick the list of Europe’s top 10 up-and-coming actors for the Berlin International Film Festival 2012.
LONDON – Dutch Oscar-winning director Marleen Gorris and Danish actor Thure Lindhardt are among the names on this year’s jury set to choose next year’s European Shooting Stars.
The list of Europe’s top 10 up-and-coming actors will be chosen by the jury and presented during next year’s Berlin International Film Festival which runs Feb. 9 through 19, 2012.
Lindhardt, himself a former Shooting Star, and Gorris are joined on the jury by Romanian producer Ada Solomon, German casting director Simone Bär (Inglourious Basterds) and the British film journalist Matt Mueller.
The jury is tasked with picking Europe's ten best acting talents at the beginning of December for the event, rolled out annually by trade organization European Film Promotion.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR