Oscars: 15 Documentary Features Named to Shortlist
"Blackfish," "The Armstrong Lie" and "Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer" are among the films advancing in the Oscar race.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Tuesday announced that 15 films in the documentary feature category will advance in the voting process for the 86th Oscars. One hundred forty-seven films had originally qualified in the category.
The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
The Act of Killing, Final Cut for Real
The Armstrong Lie, The Kennedy/Marshall Company
Blackfish, Our Turn Productions
The Crash Reel, KP Rides Again
Cutie and the Boxer, Ex Lion Tamer and Cine Mosaic
Dirty Wars, Civic Bakery
First Cousin Once Removed, Experiments in Time, Light & Motion
God Loves Uganda, Full Credit Productions
Life According to Sam, Fine Films
Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer, Roast Beef Productions
The Square, Noujaim Films and Maktube Productions
Stories We Tell, National Film Board of Canada
Tim’s Vermeer, High Delft Pictures
20 Feet From Stardom, Gil Friesen Productions and Tremolo Productions
Which Way Is the Front Line from Here? The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington, Tripoli Street
The Oscars will be presented on Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services