Oscars 2012: Tom Hanks Added to List of Presenters
Hanks reunites with longtime producer Brian Grazer to present at the Feb. 26 ceremony.
Brian Grazer and Don Mischer, producers of the 84th Academy Awards telecast, announced today that Tom Hanks will be a presenter at the ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 26.
In addition to being governor of the Academy, Hanks has enjoyed a longtime collaboration with Grazer, who produced his films Apollo 13, The Da Vinci Code, and Angels & Demons among others. Hanks joins other high profile presenters including Jennifer Lopez and the cast of 2011’s hit film Bridesmaids.
Hanks’ credits include Big, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, and most recently, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Hanks won back-to-back Academy Awards for his performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR