Oscars 2012: Tony Bennett to Perform at Governors Ball
The crooner will add his vintage vocal stylings to the Academy Awards afterparty.
Tony Bennett's next high-profile gig: the Governors Ball.
Following Sunday's Oscars telecast, the Grammy-winning singer will perform a concert for the winners, nominees and everything else who scored an invite to the super-swank official Academy Awards afterparty.
"Tony Bennett is that rare artist who truly reaches across generations. Welcoming him to the Ball is an honor and privilege," Academy president Tom Sherak said Thursday.
Earlier this month, Bennett, 85, performed alongside Carrie Underwood the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, where he picked up a pair of Grammys, his 16th and 17th, to be exact: best traditional pop vocal album for Duets II and best pop duo/group performance for the song "Body and Soul," recorded with the late Amy Winehouse. Bennett's Duets II hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts upon its release in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR