Oscars 2013: Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway to Perform
The "Les Miserables" co-stars will take part in a celebration of musicals of the last decade.
Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe will perform at this year's Oscars as part of big, splashy celebration of musicals of the last decade.
The actors' co-stars from the big-screen adaptation of Les Miserables are also joining for the number. They are: Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks and Helena Bonham Carter. Les Mis is up for eight Oscars including best picture, best actor (Jackman) and best supporting actress (Hathaway).
As THR previously reported, Jennifer Hudson has also been added to a starry lineup of performers that also includes Adele, Barbra Streisand and Catherine Zeta-Jones, another new addition. Hudson won best supporting actress for the 2006 stage-to-screen musical Dreamgirls while Zeta-Jones scored in that same category for 2002's Chicago. The two will also take part in the movie musical tribute featuring Les Mis, Chicago and Dreamgirls.
"We are pleased to have been able to amass so much talent to create the celebration of musicals of the last decade that we envisioned," said Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "We are thrilled that so many talented actors have agreed to bring our vision to life." The duo have big plans in order for a final musical number with first-time host Seth MacFarlane and Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth. Sunday's Academy Awards will be broadcast live on ABC from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!