Oscars 2013: Michael Feinstein to Perform at Governors Ball
The singer and pianist will entertain guests at the post-show dinner at the Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.
After the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday night, the entertainment will continue at the post-show Governors Ball, where, it has just been announced, Michael Feinstein will perform.
The singer, pianist and musical historian is scheduled to perform at the dinner, to be held at The Ray Dolby Ballroom at the Hollywood & Highland Center.
Feinstein, who appears in more than 200 shows a year, has performed at Carnegie Hall, Sydney Opera House and the Hollywood Bowl, as well as the White House and Buckingham Palace.
In 2007, he founded the Michael Feinstein Great American Songbook Initiative, dedicated to celebrating the art form and preserving it through educational programs, master classes, and the annual High School Vocal Academy and Competition, which awards scholarships and prizes to students across the country.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting