Oscars 2013: Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, Other Presenters Announced
Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon -- also best actress Oscar winners -- will present at the 85th Academy Awards.
Four Oscar-winning actresses have been announced as presenters at this year’s Academy Awards: Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon.
Berry won best actress for her role in 2001’s Monster’s Ball, playing a woman whose husband is on death row. Kidman’s win came in 2002 for The Hours. Her portrayal of Virginia Woolf led her to be the first Australian to win best actress.
In 2009, Bullock took home her first Oscar for The Blind Side. She played Leigh Anne Tuohy in the semi-biographical film about the upbringing of football star Michael Oher. Witherspoon took home her Oscar in 2005 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. She did all of her own vocals in the Johnny Cash biopic, something that almost led her to forgo the role.
Previously announced presenters include the cast of Chicago, The Avengers cast (Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo), Mark Wahlberg, Ted, Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer, Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe and Channing Tatum. Performers include Barbra Streisand Adele, Shirley Bassey and Norah Jones.
The 85th Annual Academy Awards, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live Feb. 24 on ABC from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood and Highland.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR