Oscars 2013: Seth MacFarlane, Emma Stone to Announce Nominations
The first-time Academy Awards host will name the nominees Thursday in Beverly Hills.
Seth MacFarlane will join Emma Stone to announce the 85th Annual Academy Award nominations Thursday morning.
The Family Guy creator and Ted director is the first Oscars host to emcee the nominees announcement since 1972, when Charlton Heston had the job.
The news conference starts at 5:30 a.m. PT at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
MacFarlane, 38, was crowned the Academy's latest ringmaster back in October. At the time, Craig Zadan -- who's co-producing the Feb. 24 telecast with Neil Meron, told The Hollywood Reporter that "Seth became the logical choice. ... We went to him and found out he was indeed able to arrange his schedule so he could do it. We were overjoyed that he was interested, so we started discussions."
MacFarlane's response: "That’s a nice way of saying I was sitting outside their office."
All eyes will be on the multihyphenate entertainment mogul at Thursday's press conference. His presence will be a preview of sorts for the Feb. 24 Oscars broadcast and might pull more viewers into the show, depending on the strength of his delivery.
Stone, 22, starred in last year's The Amazing Spider-Man and next will be seen on the big screen in the crime drama Gangster Squad, out Friday.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!