Oscars: 289 Feature Films in Contention for Best Picture
Two hundred eighty-nine feature films are eligible for the 2013 Academy Awards, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Monday.
That's an increase from the previous year, in which 282 films were eligible for best picture consideration.
To be eligible, feature films must open in a commercial motion picture theater in Los Angeles County by midnight, Dec. 31, and begin a minimum run of seven consecutive days.
Under Academy rules, a feature-length motion picture must have a running time of more than 40 minutes and must have been exhibited theatrically on 35mm or 70mm film, or in a qualifying digital format.
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
The Oscars will be presented Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center and televised live on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR