Oscars 2012: Angelina Jolie Added to List of Presenters
The actress won an Academy Award in 1999 for her role in “Girl, Interrupted.”
Angelina Jolie has been added to the growing list of Oscar presenters.
Telecast producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced Wednesday that the actress will take the stage on Sunday, Feb. 26 to present one of the coveted Academy Awards. Jolie won an Oscar of her own back in 1999 for her supporting role in Girl, Interrupted. In 2008, she received a nomination for her lead performance in Changeling.
Jolie recently made her directorial debut with the Bosnian War-set love story In the Land of Blood and Honey. She is reported to be in talks for the Disney project Maleficent, with Robert Stromberg tapped to direct. The live-action Sleeping Beauty remake will tell the classic fairy tale from the villain’s point of view.
The 84th annual Academy Awards will air live from the Kodak Theatre on ABC. Previously announced presenters include Cameron Diaz, Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez and the cast of Bridesmaids.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche