Oscars: Bette Midler to Perform
The Divine Miss M will sing onstage for the first time at the Academy Awards.
Bette Midler will perform for the first time on the Oscars, it was announced Wednesday.
The Divine Miss M has received two Oscar nominations and won several Grammys.
“We are thrilled to have Bette perform on the Oscars for the very first time,” Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. “We believe she will make our Oscar telecast an especially moving evening.”
Midler, who recently portrayed late Hollywood agent Sue Mengers on Broadway in I'll Eat You Last, was nominated for best actress Oscars for her roles in For the Boys and The Rose.
She's sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and won three Emmys.
The 86th annual Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will be broadcast live on ABC on Sunday, March 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR