Oscars: Bette Midler to Perform
The Divine Miss M will sing onstage for the first time at the Academy Awards.
Bette Midler will perform for the first time on the Oscars, it was announced Wednesday.
The Divine Miss M has received two Oscar nominations and won several Grammys.
“We are thrilled to have Bette perform on the Oscars for the very first time,” Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. “We believe she will make our Oscar telecast an especially moving evening.”
Midler, who recently portrayed late Hollywood agent Sue Mengers on Broadway in I'll Eat You Last, was nominated for best actress Oscars for her roles in For the Boys and The Rose.
She's sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and won three Emmys.
The 86th annual Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will be broadcast live on ABC on Sunday, March 2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack