Oscars: Bette Midler to Perform
The Divine Miss M will sing onstage for the first time at the Academy Awards.
Bette Midler will perform for the first time on the Oscars, it was announced Wednesday.
The Divine Miss M has received two Oscar nominations and won several Grammys.
“We are thrilled to have Bette perform on the Oscars for the very first time,” Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. “We believe she will make our Oscar telecast an especially moving evening.”
Midler, who recently portrayed late Hollywood agent Sue Mengers on Broadway in I'll Eat You Last, was nominated for best actress Oscars for her roles in For the Boys and The Rose.
She's sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and won three Emmys.
The 86th annual Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will be broadcast live on ABC on Sunday, March 2.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!