Oscars: Christian Bale Jokes About 'F-Bomb' Tirade While Accepting Supporting Actor Trophy
He pokes fun at his past scandal while teasing "Fighter" co-star Melissa Leo for her crass language at the Academy Awards.
Christian Bale poked fun at his 2009 F-bomb tirade while accepting the best supporting actor award for The Fighter at Sunday's 83rd annual Academy Awards.
When he got onstage, he said he wasn't going to "drop the F-bomb" like his co-star Melissa Leo did while accepting her Best Supporting Actress Oscar.
He then quipped, "I've done that plenty before."
Bale was forced to publicly apologize in 2009 after dropping the F-bomb 36 times during a meltdown on the set of Terminator Salvation.
"I was out of order, beyond belief," he said after an audiotape of his tirade hit the Internet. "I acted like a punk. I regret that. ... It is inexcusable."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR