Tim Burton Reimagines the Oscar Red Carpet (Exclusive)
The director draws his "Frankenweenie" star outside the Dolby Theatre.
This exclusive image first appeared in the March 1 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Last year, Oscar-nominated filmmaker Tim Burton delivered one of his most personal projects: Frankenweenie, an adaptation of his 1984 short film.
Nominated for best animated feature, the black-and-white stop-motion film recasts the classic Frankenstein tale to feature a boy and his dead dog.
The titular pup graces this year’s Oscar issue: An illustration of “Sparky” chewing up the red carpet was drawn exclusively for THR by Burton.
View Burton's exclusive drawing for THR below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10