Oscars: Idina Menzel to Perform 'Frozen' Song
The Tony-winning actress will sing Disney's Oscar-nominated song "Let It Go" on March 2.
Frozen's Academy Award-nominated song "Let It Go" is going to heat up the Oscar stage.
Star Idina Menzel will perform the song during the live telecast of the Academy Awards on Sunday, March 2, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Tuesday.
The Tony winner voiced the animated character in Disney's hit musical pic, which also starred the voices of Kristen Bell and Josh Gad.
“Let it Go," written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, is nominated for best original song. Frozen also is nominated for best animated film.
The three other nominated songs are "Happy" from Despicable Me 2, "Ordinary Love" from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and "The Moon Song" from Her.
Menzel recently belted out the ballad at the Vibrato in Bel Air, Calif., during a cabaret show to celebrate the film. Bell and Gad also performed during the event.
The Academy Awards will take place Sunday, March 2, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center and will be televised live on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR