Oscars: Michael B. Jordan, Kristen Bell to Host Scientific and Technical Awards
The event will be held at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Feb. 15.
Michael B. Jordan and Kristen Bell have been tapped to emcee the Academy's Scientific and Technical Awards, which will be presented at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Feb. 15.
"We are thrilled to have Kristen and Michael join us as hosts for this year’s Sci-Tech Awards," said Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs in a statement. "They are bright, young talents in the film community and will be a great addition to a night that honors the industry’s technical achievements."
Jordan earned praise for his role in The Weinstein Co.'s Fruitvale Station, which won the audience award and grand jury prize at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. Bell voices the character of Anna in Frozen, which was nominated for an Academy Award for best animated film.
On Jan. 8, the Academy unveiled the 19 scientific and technical achievements that will be awarded this month. The Gordon E. Sawyer award will be presented to visual effects supervisor Peter W. Anderson.
In 2013, the Sci-Tech awards were also presented by a duo, Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana. Milla Jovovich hosted the event in 2012 and Marisa Tomei presented at the gala in 2011.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!