Hamish Hamilton to Direct the 86th Academy Awards
Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced the production team for the Oscar show, which will air March 2 on ABC.
Hamish Hamilton, who directed the 82nd Academy Awards in March 2010, has been selected to direct this year’s Oscar show, the 86th Academy Awards, which airs March 2 on ABC, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Wednesday. Hamilton is also slated to direct the upcoming 2014 Super Bowl halftime show, featuring Bruno Mars.
Announcing their production team, the producers also said Kristin Gore, Amy Ozols and Jon Macks will be part of the writing team, along with the writers that host Ellen DeGeneres brings with her. Gore is a novelist and screenwriter whose past credits include Futurama and Saturday Night Live and whose current projects include a Showtime pilot with director Bennett Miller, an HBO pilot with director Jay Roach and a Dreamworks movie with director Lance Accord. Ozols was formerly a writer and producer for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. Macks, a longtime writer for The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, has written for 17 prior Oscar telecasts.
Production designer Derek McLane, who worked on last year’s show, for which he was nominated for an Emmy, will be returning, as will choreographer Rob Ashford, who worked on the past two Oscar shows.
Music director William Ross returns to the Oscars after working on the 79th, 83rd and 85th Academy Awards.
Costume designers Julie Weiss and Bruce Pask will return after working together on the 85th Academy Awards.
Talent producer Taryn Hurd will be working on her first Oscar broadcast. She has served as talent producer on events including the Fox network’s New Year’s Eve Live, the Breeders’ Cup telecast, the 2013 Teen Choice Awards and VH1 Divas Salute the Troops.
Also re-joining the production team are supervising producer Michael Seligman, co-producer Lee Lodge and lighting designer Robert Dickinson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'