Oscars: Norway Nominates 'I Am Yours' for Foreign Language Category
The cross-cultural drama, about a Norwegian-Pakistani woman who falls in love with a Swedish man, is Iram Haq's directorial debut.
I Am Yours, a cross-cultural relationship drama from first-time director Iram Haq, is Norway's official candidate for the 2014 Foreign Language Oscar race.
The film, which had its world premiere in Toronto in the festival's Discovery section, tells the story of a Pakistani-Norwegian single mom who falls for a Swedish man who does not appear ready for family life.
I Am Yours stars Game of Thrones actress Amrita Acharia and Ola Rapace (Skyfall).
Norway's Oscar committee picked I Am Yours over the country's two other shortlist candidates: Arild Ostin Ommundsen’s It’s Only Make Believe and Pioneer from director Erik Skjoldbjaerg.
Produced by Maria Ekerhovd for Mer Film, I Am Yours is the first feature to be backed by the Norwegian Film Institute’s New Ways scheme to promote up-and-coming filmmakers. SF Norge released the film in Norway on Aug.16.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will announce the nominations for best foreign language film on Jan. 16. The winner will be announced at the 86th Academy Awards on March 2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR