Oscars Red Carpet Taps Robin Roberts, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia and Jess Cagle as Hosts
Newcomers to the show Roe and Garcia join veterans Roberts, Gunn and Cagle for the only Oscar broadcast from the red carpet.
Charlie Haykel and Juliane Hare, executive producers of the 84th Academy Awards pre-show, announced today that Robin Roberts, Tim Gunn, Louise Roe, Jess Cagle and Nina Garcia will host "Oscars Red Carpet Live." Newcomers to the show Roe and Garcia join veterans Roberts, Gunn and Cagle for the only Oscar broadcast from the red carpet.
Roberts is co-anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America" and was previously a commentator and contributor to ESPN, where she hosted "Sports Center." She will be conducting interviews with celebrities from the main pre-show stage on Oscar Night®.
Gunn, best known for his participation on the Emmy Times">®-nominated program "Project Runway," is chief creative officer at Liz Claiborne Inc. and currently stars in the ABC Network's new daytime talk show "The Revolution." Gunn will interview celebrities and share red carpet fashion commentary with fellow "Runway" castmate Garcia, who is also the fashion director for Marie Claire.
Roe hosts her own makeover show, "Plain Jane," on MTV International, and she is the fashion editor-at-large for Glamour. She hosted E!'s live coverage of the Royal Wedding in 2011 and has hosted red carpet shows for the Video Music Awards and European Music Awards. Cagle, editor of Entertainment Weekly, has more than 25 years of experience covering Hollywood for Times">People, Time and EW, where he has interviewed some of the world's most famous celebrities, including Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.
Oscar telecast producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer also serve as executive producers for "Oscars Red Carpet Live," which will air on the ABC Television Network at 4 p.m. PT/ 7 p.m. ET.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'