Oscar's Top 9 Wackiest Moments
Relive Rob Lowe's duet with Snow White, the South Park creators dressing in drag – and more – before the show airs this Sunday.
Before the Oscars air this Sunday, look back on the top 9 wackiest memorable Oscar moments.
1. Marlon Brando Turns Down His Oscar - 1973: After winning best actor for playing Vito Corleone in The Godfather, Brando refused to accept the award and instead sent Sacheen Littlefeather, an Apache, to accept the award on his behalf to protest the treatment of Native Americans in the film industry.
2. The Streaker - 1974: A man ran naked across the stage just as British actor David Niven was about to introduce Elizabeth Taylor. "Well, ladies and gentlemen, that was almost bound to happen. But isn't it fascinating to think that probably the only laugh that man will ever get in his life is by stripping off and showing his shortcomings?" Niven said as the audience laughed.
3. Bjork's Swan Dress - 2001: The Icelandic singer and actress turned heads on the red carpet when she arrived in her swan getup. She was nominated for Best Original Song for "I've Seen It All" from Lars von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark."
4. Rob Lowe Duets With Snow White - 1989: Allan Carr -- who was behind musicals like Grease and La Cage aux Folles -- produced the show, and decided to open with a 20-minute dance number featuring Lowe (who was dealing with a sex-tape scandal) and a Snow White look-alike singing "Proud Mary."
5. Jack Palance's One Armed Push-ups - 1992: After being nominated twice in the 1950s, Palance finally won for City Slickers at 72. While giving his acceptance speech about how casting directors aren't eager to hire older actors, he dropped to the floor and began doing pushups.
6. "You Really Like Me" - 1995: After winning her second best actress Oscar for Places in the Heart, Sally Field clutched her statue and gushed, "I can't deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me, you really, really like me."
7. Roberto Benigni - 1999: The Italian actor and director leaped across chairs while accepting his Oscar for best foreign language film Life Is Beautiful. He then gave Sofia Loren a big hug. The movie went on to win a best actor Oscar for Benigni and for original score.
8. Adrien Brody Kisses Halle Berry - 2003: The nominee dipped Berry and planted a lengthy kiss on her lips after winning best actor for The Pianist. "I bet they didn't tell you that was in the gift bag," he joked to her after.
9. South Park Creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone Dress in Drag - 2000: Trey Parker and Matt Stone dressed in drag to support their film South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, which earned a nom for original song for Blame Canada. Stone donned a gown similar to the one Gwyneth Paltrow wore to accept her best actress award for Shakespeare in Love, while Parker opted for Jennifer Lopez's plunging green Versace gown.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among Honored Artists
- Grammy 2014 Nominations Include Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z And Kendrick Lamar
- Jay Z's 9 Grammys Nominations Top All Artists
- Drake's Grammys Nominations For Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album Take Focus Off Canceled Performance