OWN Canada Ratings Soar as Oprah Winfrey Interviews Lance Armstrong
The controversial grilling of the disgraced cyclist was the highest-rated English language cable show Thursday.
VANCOUVER – OWN Canada saw its ratings leap Thursday night as Canadians tuned into to watch Oprah Winfrey grill Lance Armstrong, flaws and all.
The Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive interview peaked at 838,000 total viewers during the 90-minute broadcast, according to BBM Canada data, with the average audience coming in at 715,000 total viewers.
That made the Armstrong interview the highest-rated show Thursday across all Canadian English-language cable networks for adults and women in the 25-to-54 demo.
Part two of the Armstrong interview will air Friday night on OWN Canada.
Corus Entertainment, which licenses the joint venture between Winfrey and Discovery Networks in Canada, had anticipated a ratings bonanza for Winfrey’s Armstrong interview.
“We expect the Lance Armstrong interview will bring additional focus and awareness to the Oprah Winfrey Network,” Corus CEO John Cassaday told financial analysts this week as he unveiled the company’s latest financial results.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws