OWN Canada Ratings Soar as Oprah Winfrey Interviews Lance Armstrong
The controversial grilling of the disgraced cyclist was the highest-rated English language cable show Thursday.
VANCOUVER – OWN Canada saw its ratings leap Thursday night as Canadians tuned into to watch Oprah Winfrey grill Lance Armstrong, flaws and all.
The Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive interview peaked at 838,000 total viewers during the 90-minute broadcast, according to BBM Canada data, with the average audience coming in at 715,000 total viewers.
That made the Armstrong interview the highest-rated show Thursday across all Canadian English-language cable networks for adults and women in the 25-to-54 demo.
Part two of the Armstrong interview will air Friday night on OWN Canada.
Corus Entertainment, which licenses the joint venture between Winfrey and Discovery Networks in Canada, had anticipated a ratings bonanza for Winfrey’s Armstrong interview.
“We expect the Lance Armstrong interview will bring additional focus and awareness to the Oprah Winfrey Network,” Corus CEO John Cassaday told financial analysts this week as he unveiled the company’s latest financial results.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services