OWN Launching Oprah Winfrey Block in Australia
Discovery Home and Health will begin airing a weekly lineup of OWN programming in the country in August.
SYDNEY – Discovery Networks International channel, Discovery Home and Health, will re-introduce Australian TV audiences to Oprah Winfrey via a programming block from the OWN network, Winfrey’s joint venture with Discovery Inc.
Beginning Aug. 4, OWN series including Oprah’s Next Chapter, Super Soul Sunday, America With Lisa Ling and The Oprah Winfrey Show: Behind The Scenes will air in a weekly block on the channel, which is seen on pay-TV provider Foxtel in Australia.
The upcoming launch in Australia follows the recent debut of OWN programming in the U.K. on Discovery’s TLC channel. DNI is looking to rollout other OWN programming internationally through its global lifestyle channel portfolio.
“OWN programming is the perfect complement to the lifestyle and entertainment shows airing on DNI’s popular female flagship brands. With the block’s successful launch in the U.K. now under our belts, we are primed to bring this robust offering to Australian audiences," said Luis Silberwasser, executive vice president and chief content officer at DNI.
Winfrey famously filmed four episodes of her penultimate series of her talk show down under in 2010.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game