Oxygen Orders Tattoo Competition Series 'Best Ink'
"American Idol" vet Kimberly Caldwell will host the eight-episode show, premiering this winter.
Oxygen is moving forward with a new tattoo competition reality series, Best Ink.
The eight-episode series, hosted by American Idol alum and television personality Kimberly Caldwell and premiering this winter, will follow 10 contestants as they compete in weekly challenges, vying for the grand prize of $100,000, and a cover and feature spread in Tattoo magazine.
Challenges include "Emotional Life Passage Challenge," where the contestants are tasked with designing tattoos that represent a personal experience and "Tribute Tattoo Challenge," where they are asked to design tribute tattoos of a musical icon.
After each challenge, head judge Joe Capobianco, pinup model Sabina Kelley and a guest judge will critique the contestants' work.
Best Ink is produced by Bunim/Murray Productions, with Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Rico Martinez serving as executive producers. Erin Cristall, Rene Rainey and Peter Woronov serve as co-executive producers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'