Oxygen Greenlights Teen Wedding, Thrift Shopping Pilots
"Teen Weddings" and "Thrift Wars" fall under Oxygen’s "Live out Loud” tagline, and are in contention for Oxygen’s 2012 schedule.
Oxygen has added to its development pipeline Teen Weddings and Thrift Wars.
In a bid to reach more young women, the NBCUniversal cable network is turning the cameras on teen couples in their often outrageous weddling planning stages along with competitive thrift shoppers hunting for deals in New York City. Both projects, designed to fall under Oxygen’s "Live out Loud” tagline, are in contention for Oxygen’s 2012 schedule.
“Oxygen is committed to developing distinctive and relatable projects that speak directly to our core viewers; their interests and passions,” said Oxygen’s SVP original programming and development Rod Aissa, adding of the projects: They are bold and noisy and keep with Oxygen’s core values -- living life on your own terms.”
Weddings will go behind the scenes of America’s most provocative teen weddings, be them in Manhattan or the Midwest. Everything from the guest list battles to the bachelorette party planning to the family bickering will be on display. The project is being executive produced by Lisa Levenson, Simon Lloyd andJoe Houlihan for Cineflix.
For its part, Wars centers on New York’s most elite and hardcore thrifters as they scour the city for the hottest vintage clothing and accessories – and try to make a profit along the way. The show hails from executive producer Matt Sharp of Sharp Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!