Oxygen Taps Rod Aissa to Oversee Development and Production
The veteran programming executive will also be responsible for the cable network's slate of new and returning shows.
Oxygen has named Rod Aissa as senior vice president of original programming and development, effective immediately.
The veteran programming executive will oversee all development and production of Oxygen's original programming. He will also be responsible for a slate of previously announced projects, including LA Style, The Eva Marcille Project and The Next Big Thing, as well as returning shows like The Glee Project.
Aissa will report to Oxygen president Jason Klarman and will be based in the New York office. Cori Abraham, senior vice president of development and Teri Kennedy, vice president of current production will report to Aissa.
"Rod is a smart programming executive who has his finger on the pulse of pop culture and has helped create some of the biggest unscripted shows on TV,” said Klarman. "He will supercharge our already robust efforts in original programming."
Aissa joins from OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, where he oversaw programming and development for the network. Prior to that, he was an exec at Katalyst Films and MTV/MTV Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR