Mark Wahlberg and The Rock Muscle Out, Commit Crime in 'Pain & Gain' Trailer (Video)
The pair star as weightlifters with a bad streak in director Michael Bay's true story set in 1995.
Yearning for the Bad Boy early days of director Michael Bay? Welcome to Miami.
After years of CGI-filled Transformers bonanzas, the director is returning to his non-robot action roots with Pain & Gain, a gritty true story about weightlifters who get mixed up in steroids, crime and a hard partying lifestyle. Starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson, along with Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris and Tony Shalhoub, the film tells the tale of the Sun Gym Gang, which used kidnapping and extortion in a get-rich plot that went very awry.
Wahlberg -- who will team again with Bay on Transformers 4 -- plays Daniel Lugo, who in real life was sentenced to death for the crimes. Johnson and Mackie play fellow plotting weightlifters, while Shalhoub is the rich crook they rip off and Harris is the private detective out to even the score.
The film hits theaters in April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR