'Pain & Gain' Trailer: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson Favor Fast Cars and Tasers (Video)
Michael Bay's true-crime drama hits theaters April 26.
The guys of Pain & Gain take gym time to a new level in the film's red-band trailer.
Michael Bay’s Miami-set true-crime film follows bodybuilders played by Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson who hatch a plot to kidnap and extort a local crime boss played by Tony Shalhoub.
Also featured are Anthony Mackie as a man who is worse for the wear because of his constant steroid use and Ken Jeong as a motivational speaker who inspires Wahlberg’s Daniel Lugo to take action in his life, which Lugo interprets as a go-ahead to get involved in crime.
In real life, the men were dubbed the Sun Gym Gang, named after their place of choice for pumping iron. Their exploits -- and eventual downfall -- were chronicled by the Miami New Times in a 1999 series of stories. Lugo was sentenced to death for his role in their crimes.
Paramount Pictures’ Pain & Gain hits theaters April 26.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For