Palm Springs Film Festival
How life begins at the desert event for obscure international releases hoping to build that all-important Oscar buzz.
Some movies take their filmmakers on a journey of discovery, some on treks around the globe. The latter has been especially true for U.S.-born, Berlin-based helmer Davey Frankel, co-director of The Athlete, the first Ethiopian film ever to vie for consideration in the Oscar foreign-language race.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR