Palm Springs Festival Attendee Rushed to Hospital
CPR was performed on the woman, who was then transported to Desert Regional Medical Center.
A woman attending the red carpet event before the 23rd Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala on Saturday collapsed, and had to be rushed to the hospital.
According to the Palm Springs Fire Dept., they received an emergency call for medical aid during the opening ceremonies for the gala. "While responding, the Fire Department got an update of CPR in progress. Fire unit arrived on scene and found CPR in progress on a female spectator of the Film Festival," reads a release from the Fire Department.
The patient was treated on scene and then transported to Desert Regional Medical Center by AMR ambulance. There is no current update to the woman's condition.
Some attendees at the festival were saying that the woman collapsed when Brad Pitt was seen walking the carpet with a cane.
The star-studded red carpet for the gala event featured dozens of actors, including Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Chastain, George Clooney, Glenn Close and Octavia Spencer.
Pitt is being honored with the Desert Palm Achievement Actor Award at the Film Festival for his work in Moneyball and Tree of Life. The star-studded event, which runs Jan. 5-16, will also honor Pitt’s Tree of Life co-star Chastain with the Spotlight Award.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR