'Palmerstown' writer Willard Rodgers dies
Launched AFI's Alumni Association Writers Workshop
Willard Rodgers, who launched the AFI's Alumni Association Writers Workshop in 1979, died May 31 at Country Villa nursing home in Monrovia, Calif. He was 69.
Rodgers wrote for "Palmerstown, U.S.A.," a family drama that ran 1980-81 on CBS.
A memorial service will take place at 4 p.m. Monday at Simpson's Family Mortuary in Inglewood, Calif., with burial services Tuesday at the Riverside (Calif.) National Cemetery.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR