Pamela Anderson Boosts Ratings in Bollywood
Former "Baywatch" actress dons sari, learns Hindi dance on Indian reality series.
Former Dancing with the Stars contestant Pamela Anderson brought her fancy footwork, and big ratings, to Bigg Boss, India's version of Big Brother. According to The Toronto Star, ratings skyrocketed with her appearance on the show, which is making headlines for other reasons as well.
Due to content deemed "objectionable" by Indian officials Wednesday, the show was pushed to air after 11 p.m. This decision was overturned Thursday by a high court, with a final call deferred until a hearing on November 22. The content in question includes a female contestant dropping her towel, a passionate kissing scene, and derogatory language.
Anderson didn't have time to get fully settled in the house. She arrived on Wednesday and checked out on Friday. During her visit, the actress and model learned some words in Hindi, the only language spoken by her fellow housemates. Plus, she strapped her dancing shoes back on to learn a traditional Hindi dance.
Anderson's Bigg Boss wardrobe, including a saree and the salwar-kameez which consists of a loose shirt top and pyjama-style pants, were specially made by Mumbai-based fashion designer Ashley Rebello. “I was contacted by Colors (the Hindi TV channel owned by Viacom18) and only given a day to create a special Indian look for Pamela Anderson," Rebello said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR