Pamela Anderson, Lionel Richie and Joe Francis Among Hollywood Names on California's Tax Delinquents List
Cnet's Halsey M. Minor and Nick Cassavetes are among the 500 people listed as owing the state taxes.
As the deadline to file taxes nears, several Hollywood names are among those on a list of people who owe taxes.
A new California law which went into effect on Jan. 1 requires income tax authorities to publish the names and amounts owed by the 500 biggest income-tax delinquents.
Cnet co-founder Halsey M. Minor tops California's updated list. He and his wife, the Los Angeles Times reports, owe the state $10.5 million.
Others on the list included former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson, who owes $524,241 in income taxes, Girls Gone Wild's Joe Francis, who owes $794,000, and professional boxer James Toney, who owes $354,000. It was reported by the Wall Street Journal last year that Anderson is expected to clear her lien by the end of 2012. The AP reports music legend Lionel Richie owes $1.1 million in unpaid taxes, and has been warned assets may be seized if he does not pay.
Filmmaker and actor Nick Cassavetes was also identified as owing $274,000. Lamont Dozier, who was part of the 1960s Motown songwriting team, Holland-Dozer-Holland, was listed as owing $2.9 million in taxes.
A new state law requires the names of people owing more than $100,000 in taxes be made public. All told, the 500 names listed owe California $233 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing