'Pan Am' Actress Cast in ABC Pilot 'Scruples'
Karine Vanasse will guest star in the pilot as a designer with an option to become a regular.
Pan Am’s Karinne Vanasse has a new role at ABC.
The actress has been tapped to guest star as an designer named Valentine in the drama pilot Scruples, with an option to become a regular if the show based on the best-selling 1978 book goes to series.
Scruples, which centers on a rich and powerful clothes designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal, hails from Flame Ventures in association with Warner Bros. TV.
Bob Brush and Mel Harris will pen the pilot as well as executive produce alongside Tony Krantz, Annette Savitch and Natalie Portman. Michael Sucsy is on board to direct the pilot.
The news comes as Pan Am has seen its ratings nosedive on ABC. In fact, it was Vanasse, who plays a French flight attendant in the heavily hyped airline drama, who caused a stir about the show's status when she prematurely tweeted: "Well, we received THE call, #PanAm is only coming back for one more episode after Christmas. But up to the end, we'll give it our all!"
Although the series has not been canceled, the likelihood of a second season is grim. Still, Vanasse’s Scruples casting is in second position to her role on Pan Am.
Vanasse is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR