'Pan Am' Picked Up by Germany's ProSiebenSat.1
ABC’s period airline drama starring Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie and Michael Mosley is also slated for air in the U.K., France, Canada, Spain, Japan and Australia.
CANNES – ProSiebenSat.1 has boarded ABC’s retro airline series Pan Am, taking the show, starring Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie and Michael Mosley for Germany.
Pan Am was one of the hottest U.S. shows out of this year’s L.A. Screenings and has already sold to most big international markets, with BBC2 taking the series for the U.K., TF1 on board for France, CTV handling Canada, Spanish rights going to pay channel Canal+, Imagica BS taking Japan and Nine Network airing the show in Australia.
Pan Am had a solid series launch, bowing to some 11 million viewers and a 3.1 share. Ratings for episode 2, which aired last Sunday, slipped to 7.7 million and a 2.6 share of the 18-49 demo. NBC's The Playboy Club's, which, like Pan Am features a 60s period setting and sex-and-relationship-driven storylines, was axed by the network after underwhelming ratings - Playboy's Club bowed to 5 million viewers but quickly slipped to 3.2 million by episode 3 - and protests from the Parents Television Council, which called on advertisers to boycott the show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR