Panorama Boards Adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith's 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
The Megan Ellison-backed sales and financing company will shop the project to foreign buyers at the upcoming Cannes film market.
Panorama Media has boarded the big-screen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith's best-seller Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
The Megan Ellison-backed Panorama will produce and finance the mash-up film and will introduce the project to foreign buyers at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.
Darko Entertainment, Natalie Portman's Handsomecharlie Films and producer Allison Shearmur are already onboard the project, which was originally set up at Lionsgate.
David O. Russell penned the screenplay.
Darko's Sean McKittrick is also producing alongside Annette Savitch. The film will be executive produced by Darko's Edward H. Hamm Jr., Aleen Keshishian and Panorama's Marc Butan.
The team is currently out to directors.
CAA, which brokered the deal on behalf of the filmmakers, represents the film’s domestic distribution rights.
Published by Quirk Books, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has sold more than 1.5 million copies in the United States and has been translated into more than two dozen languages.
Panorama, headed by Butan and Kimberly Fox, has represented international rights to a number of high-profile films, both third-party titles and films from Ellison's Annapurna Pictures, including Zero Dark Thirty.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR