Par, Abrams 'Hot for Teacher'
Paramount and J.J. Abrams are going to high school, picking up Jay Dyer's spec "Hot for Teacher."
Abrams' Bad Robot banner is producing.
"Hot" is a "Superbad"-like story of a high school senior who sets out to have sex with his teacher before he graduates.
Paramount-based Bad Robot was behind the January hit "Cloverfield."
Dyer was a writer-producer on such shows as "DAG" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and is a supervising producer on Showtime's "Californication." He previously sold an original script to New Line titled "Multiple Mary," which Scot Armstrong is rewriting and directing.
Dyer is repped by CAA and attorney Matt Johnson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical