Paradigm Agency Launches Music Label
The full-service agency's artist roster includes Aerosmith, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Dwight Yoakam, fun. and Phish, among others.
Paradigm Talent Agency announced on Friday that it's launched a new music label called Big Picnic Records.
Funded by private investors and distributed by Sony's RED Music, Paradigm's head of East Coast music Marty Diamond, who counts Coldplay and Phish among his longtime touring acts, will provide A&R support to Big Picnic general manager Patti Hauseman.
The label's first release is by British singer-songwriter WALL, whose debut EP, Shoestring, came out April 2. Future releases planned include London's Foxes and the Los Angeles duo JOHNNYSWIM.
Said Diamond in a statement: "It seems like a logical outgrowth of our efforts to support the development of new artists. The artists signed thus far are unique and very exciting."
Paradigm is a full-service agency with offices in Beverly Hills, New York, Monterey and Nashville. Its music roster includes Aerosmith, Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Dwight Yoakam, fun., Phish, and Toby Keith, among many others.
Last year the company announced a joint venture partnership with AM Only, a leading electronic dance music agency that represents genre superstars David Guetta, Skrillex and Tiësto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game