Paramount to Distribute MGM's 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Sequel
The comedy, starring Rob Corddry and Craig Robinson, will hit theaters in 2014.
MGM is partnering with Paramount for worldwide distribution of the sequel to Hot Tub Time Machine.
The film, which will be released in 2014, is a follow-up to the 2010 comedy. It sees the return of stars Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke as friends who have a time-traveling hot tub. Steve Pink returns to direct a screenplay from Josh Heald. Adam Scott has also joined the cast, and Andrew Panay is producing.
Paramount will distribute the film theatrically and via home video worldwide, with select international territories being handled theatrically by MGM.
The original Hot Tub Time Machine was released by MGM in March 2010. It earned $14 million in its debut and went on to earn a worldwide gross of $64.6 million. It was one of MGM's top-performing movies of all time on digital formats and on demand.
MGM and Paramount have partnered on several projects, including G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters and the upcoming Hercules, which stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Brett Ratner (due for release on July 25, 2014).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!