Former Paramount Exec Andrew Cripps Joins Imax to Grow Global Network
The giant screen exhibitor has acquired added international studio expertise to build out its stable of theaters in Europe, Middle East, Latin America and Africa.
TORONTO - Former Paramount Pictures International exec Andrew Cripps has joined Imax Corp. to grow its theater network internationally.
Cripps becomes president, Europe, Middle East and Africa, charged with expanding the giant screen exhibitor’s theater network in those regions.
He was also named executive VP of Imax, after serving as president of London-based Paramount Pictures International since January 2007.
"He (Cripps) is one of the most well-respected and creative entertainment executives in Europe, and his strategic knowledge and relationships within the international exhibition and film industry are a perfect fit for accelerating our growth efforts in EMEA,” Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said Wednesday in a statement.
Cripps will also be eyeing possible local language films that can be digitally remastered into the Imax format, or distributed in its theater network.
Before Paramount Pictures International, Cripps was president and COO of UIP, a joint venture distribution company between Paramount and Universal that he initially joined in 1986.
His appointment comes ahead of Imax releasing its fourth quarter results on Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR