Paramount to Host Free 'Footloose' Sneaks Sept. 30
Craig Brewer's remake of the 1984 classic stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid.
Looking to spark word-of-mouth, Paramount will host free advance screenings of Footloose on Sept. 30, two weeks before Craig Brewer’s remake of the classic film officially opens in theaters.
The promotional screenings — dubbed Footloose Friday — will be held in 26 theaters across the U.S. and Canada. After the film plays, Paramount will encourage moviegoers to tweet their reactions.
Brewer’s Footloose opens 27 years after the original film -- directed by Herbert Ross and starring Kevin Bacon in his breakout role — hit theaters. The new pic stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid.
The 26 promotional screenings will be held in cities including Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Kansas City, Miami, Philadelphia and Sacramento.
Footloose opens nationwide on Oct. 14.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'