Paramount to Host Free 'Footloose' Sneaks Sept. 30
Craig Brewer's remake of the 1984 classic stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid.
Looking to spark word-of-mouth, Paramount will host free advance screenings of Footloose on Sept. 30, two weeks before Craig Brewer’s remake of the classic film officially opens in theaters.
The promotional screenings — dubbed Footloose Friday — will be held in 26 theaters across the U.S. and Canada. After the film plays, Paramount will encourage moviegoers to tweet their reactions.
Brewer’s Footloose opens 27 years after the original film -- directed by Herbert Ross and starring Kevin Bacon in his breakout role — hit theaters. The new pic stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid.
The 26 promotional screenings will be held in cities including Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Kansas City, Miami, Philadelphia and Sacramento.
Footloose opens nationwide on Oct. 14.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR