Paramount, Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes to Reteam With 'Almanac' Writers (Exclusive)
Jason Pagan and Andrew Stark's pitch "Raindrop" reunites the pair with the studio and producer behind their upcoming film.
Paramount Pictures is set to reteam with Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes and writers Jason Pagan and Andrew Stark on the high-concept handheld-camera thriller Raindrop.
The studio, which recently wrapped production on Pagan and Stark's $13 million thriller Almanac, nabbed the Raindrop pitch pre-emptively.
The project is described as a sci-fi thriller with a teenage protagonist that will employ innovative handheld camera work similar to that seen in the Dean Israelite-helmed Almanac, which also was produced by Platinum Dunes and will be released by Paramount on Feb. 28, 2014.
Almanac follows in a string of low-budget handheld-camera films, including the Paranormal Activity franchise, that has become a hallmark of Paramount president Adam Goodman's tenure.
Plot details on Raindrop are being kept under wraps, but insiders say it is being envisioned with a slightly higher budget than that of Almanac. Bay is producing Raindrop via his first-look deal with the studio.
Pagan and Stark are repped by WME, manager Trevor Engelson at Underground and attorney Andrew Hurwitz.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR