Paramount Moves Two 2012 Releases
“A Thousand Words” is getting pushed back, while “The Devil Inside” is moving up.
Two Paramount films for 2012 are getting new release dates.
A Thousand Words is moving back from January to March 23. Meanwhile, the Paramount Insurge release The Devil Inside is moving up, from February to January 6. Both films are wide releases.
A Thousand Words stars upcoming Oscar host Eddie Murphy as a man who learns he can only speak 1,000 more words before he dies. The new release date positions the film after the Academy Awards on February 26, so it will no doubt see a boost from Murphy's high profile hosting gig. The film is directed by two-time Murphy collaborator Brian Robbins, who also directed Meet Dave and Norbit.
The Devil Inside is an Italy-set horror thriller told documentary-style about a group conducting unauthorized exorcisms. The indie acquisition by Paramount's new division dedicated to low budget films boasts a budget of just six figures. It's hoped the film will recreate the big box office success of Paramount's Paranormal Activity, which was a similar indie acquisition that grossed $193 million worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR