'Paranormal Activity 2' Generates $6.3 Million at Midnight Screenings
Paramount's spooky sequel Paranormal Activity 2 scared up $6.3 million on 1,800 screens at midnight as it bowed late Thursday night.
It beat out 2009's Watchmen, which opened to $4.6 million at the witching hour, to post the highest midnight gross for an R-rated movie.
It also established a new record for an October midnight bow, overshadowing Jackass 3D, which opened just last week to $2.5 million.
As it begins its first weekend in theaters, Paranormal has settled into 3,216 locations.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical