'Paranormal Activity 2' Generates $6.3 Million at Midnight Screenings
Paramount's spooky sequel Paranormal Activity 2 scared up $6.3 million on 1,800 screens at midnight as it bowed late Thursday night.
It beat out 2009's Watchmen, which opened to $4.6 million at the witching hour, to post the highest midnight gross for an R-rated movie.
It also established a new record for an October midnight bow, overshadowing Jackass 3D, which opened just last week to $2.5 million.
As it begins its first weekend in theaters, Paranormal has settled into 3,216 locations.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing